Location: Canandaigua, NY
Job Type: Full Time
The individual chosen for this position will be a member of an engineering team responsible for designing and implementing, RF production test solutions. This individual will be responsible for developing and integrating new RF test systems. Experience in improving current RF test systems hardware, software and monitoring system performance to guarantee accuracy and repeatability. The successful candidate will be an effective problem solver, proactive process owner and insightful test program developer.
- Maintain existing RF test solutions
- Design and integrate new software and hardware to achieve improved RF test solutions
- Participate in cross-functional teams to support engineering test projects
- Document test system and software designs
- Supports design verification testing
- Support existing Software (Python, C#, C++)
- Data Analysis
- BS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering from a College or University accredited by the U.S. Dept of Education or other internationally recognized accrediting organization
- 5-10 years of RF test experience
- Proficient with test equipment including RF sources, pulse generators, spectrum analyzers, vector network analyzers, power meters, power supplies, and digital multi-meters
- Knowledgeable in RF Testing; including s-parameters, power, pulsed power and harmonics
- Software experience, preferably Python, C#, C++, Visual Basic
- Experience maintaining a Test Database
- Knowledgeable in GPIB, IEEE 488.2, serial communications
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills
- Operate independently with minimal supervision
- Supervisor experience preferred
We offer a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience, options, medical, dental and vision coverage, 401K plan, and life insurance.
Akoustis® (www.akoustis.com) is a high-tech BAW RF filter solutions company that is pioneering next-generation materials science and MEMS wafer manufacturing to address the market requirements for improved RF filters – targeting higher bandwidth, higher operating frequencies and higher output power compared to incumbent polycrystalline BAW technology deployed today. The Company utilizes its proprietary XBAW manufacturing process to produce bulk acoustic wave RF filters for mobile and other wireless markets, which facilitate signal acquisition and accelerate band performance between the antenna and digital back end. Superior performance is driven by the significant advances of high-purity, single-crystal and associated piezoelectric materials and the resonator-filter process technology which drives electro-mechanical coupling and translates to wide filter bandwidth.
Akoustis plans to service the fast growing multi-billion-dollar RF filter market using its integrated design and manufacturing (IDM) business model. The Company owns and operates a 120,000 sq. ft. ISO-9001:2015 certified commercial wafer-manufacturing facility located in Canandaigua, NY, which includes a class 100 / class 1000 cleanroom facility – tooled for 150-mm diameter wafers – for the design, development, fabrication and packaging of RF filters, MEMS and other semiconductor devices. Akoustis Technologies, Inc. is headquartered in the Piedmont technology corridor near Charlotte, North Carolina.
Akoustis, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.