Position: Application Staff Engineer
Location: Huntersville, NC
Position Type: Full-Time
Seeking an innovative RF Application Engineer to join Akoustis working out of the Huntersville, NC facility. This position will be needed to support our XBAW filter developments & products including working on the specification reviews for potential customers, debug and troubleshoot issues for the current customers, RF data processing and calibration, responsible for developing Internal testing, validation, etc. This position will also provide technical support for RF product development and performance objectives are met for assigned projects. This position will support a worldwide market: North America, Europe, and Asia. Additionally:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Evaluation board/radio hardware design
• Verification and evaluation of products in development for compliance to device and system level requirements
• Face to Face and phone level application design support for compliance to industry standards and customer production robustness
• Writing of datasheet and application notes
• Assist in troubleshooting and resolution of device production issues
• Working with customers and internal teams to define device level requirements and perform system trade-off analyses
• Working with quality team to support failure analysis
• Frequent on-site supports are required to achieve successful design-wins
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• BSEE or MSEE with at least 5+ years experience which should include experience in RF Systems engineering
• Must have experience in a customer-facing role. The candidate must have the necessary communications skills and experience to be able to interface effectively
• Highly desirable to have experience in mobile wireless & WiFi application of TX/RX in WCDMA/LTE systems, RF PCB design, test and troubleshooting of RF circuits and phone board, and RF systems analysis
• Must have a strong theoretical background in fundamental RF and systems design
• Strong initiative and self-starter mentality
• Passion to win/contribute
• Ability to work in and thrive in a team environment
• Ability to handle fast face and pressure environment
Software Tools Used:
• Layout and Schematic Tools
• Microsoft Office/Outlook
Hardware Tools Used:
• Network Analyzers
• Spectrum Analyzers
• Signal Generators
• Noise Figure Meter
Akoustis was founded in 2014 by Jeffrey B. Shealy, Steven P. Denbaars and Richard T. Ogawa. The Company’s mission is to design and manufacture its patented XBAW™ acoustic wave RF filter technology using its high-performance piezoelectric materials combined with unique silicon MEMS wafer manufacturing.
The Company’s RF Filters address critical spectrum selectivity requirements for devices where signals must coexist to enable high speed operation. Such applications include 5G mobile smartphones, WiFi routers, 5G base station small cells and military radars.
The Bulk Acoustic Wave (BAW) filter market is rapidly expanding from $3.7B today to over $5.4B by 2021, driven by growth in 5G and the number of filters required per device. BAW filters have evolved as the key differentiator in the RF Front End, as they are critical to enabling connectivity to the Internet.
The Company operates a vertically-integrated design and manufacturing (IDM) business model, which offers turn-key RF filter engineering, shortest time-to-market and lowest supplier risk to its customers. The Company sells its product through direct sales, manufacturer representatives and through international distribution channels. The Company is headquartered in Huntersville, North Carolina with consolidated manufacturing operations in Canandaigua, New York.
Please complete the form below, attach your resumé, and click SUBMIT to apply for this position.