Title: CMP Process Engineer
Location: Canandaigua, NY
Job Type: Full Time
The CMP process engineer will be responsible for developing and implementing planarization processes to support MEMS fabrication operations. The individual will provide technical leadership for both CMP and wafer scrub processes.
• Lead process development and characterization for CMP processes.
• Evaluate CMP slurries, manage consumables, define tool startup and SPC qualification.
• Document design guidelines to achieve polish requirements while maintaining high yield for downstream processes.
• Apply statistical process control on critical parameters in the area. Document experiment results.
• Technical lead in programs requiring CMP. Manage workload in area and direct technicians.
• Work with team to integrate processes for successful device fabrication.
• Work with technical members to ensure a match of process capability to product requirement.
• Maintain a working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner.
• Bachelor ‘ s degree in Chemical Engineering, Materials science, Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry or related.
• Minimum 2-5 years’ experience in MEMS or Semiconductor processing.
• Experience with CMP processing and wafer scrubbing processes preferred.
• Experience with metrology supporting CMP process development and sustaining operations.
• Experienced in the use of design of experiments, failure analysis methodologies, and statistical process controls for process optimization and control.
• Proficient in MS Office Suite.
• Good written and communication skills.
We offer a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience, options, medical, dental and vision coverage, 401K plan, and life insurance.
Akoustis® (www.akoustis.com) is a high-tech BAW RF filter solutions company that is pioneering next-generation materials science and MEMS wafer manufacturing to address the market requirements for improved RF filters – targeting higher bandwidth, higher operating frequencies and higher output power compared to incumbent polycrystalline BAW technology deployed today. The Company utilizes its proprietary XBAW manufacturing process to produce bulk acoustic wave RF filters for mobile and other wireless markets, which facilitate signal acquisition and accelerate band performance between the antenna and digital back end. Superior performance is driven by the significant advances of high-purity, single-crystal and associated piezoelectric materials and the resonator-filter process technology which drives electro-mechanical coupling and translates to wide filter bandwidth.
Akoustis plans to service the fast growing multi-billion-dollar RF filter market using its integrated design and manufacturing (IDM) business model. The Company owns and operates a 120,000 sq. ft. ISO-9001:2015 certified commercial wafer-manufacturing facility located in Canandaigua, NY, which includes a class 100 / class 1000 cleanroom facility – tooled for 150-mm diameter wafers – for the design, development, fabrication and packaging of RF filters, MEMS and other semiconductor devices. Akoustis Technologies, Inc. is headquartered in the Piedmont technology corridor near Charlotte, North Carolina.
Akoustis, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.