Title: Director of Manufacturing
Location: Canandaigua, NY
Job Type: Full Time
The primary role of the Director of Manufacturing is to oversee all aspects of the Wafer Fab production operations. The Director of Manufacturing is accountable and responsible for the transfer of processes from the development phase to production. The position includes the following responsibilities.
- Responsible for managing and reporting on key performance indicators for production operations.
- Work with engineering staff to control and improve production yields
- Review area tool SPC’s, tool qualifications, and best-known operating procedures.
- Prioritize operations schedules, resources. Balance staffing levels to meet product demands.
- Implement continuous improvement programs. Lead workflow improvements, cycle time, and cost reduction efforts.
- Implement best known methods for lean manufacturing.
- Work with leadership team to establish and implement multi-shift operations.
- Plan staffing requirements in support of business objectives
- Prepare operating budgets supporting business demands.
- Coordinate with quality and implement PFMEA, 5S and 8D programs.
- Develop multi-year capital equipment roadmap meeting manufacturing capacity and R&D forecast.
- Coordinate with facilities capital equipment tool installs.
- Work with leadership to map process capabilities with technology road map.
- Anticipate problems and coordinate efforts to minimize tool issues impacting schedule.
- Implement new hire training programs and cross training certification.
- Maintain ISO procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Materials or Physical Sciences.
- Minimum of five (5) years of supervisory or management experience.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience working in either semiconductor or MEMS high volume manufacturing environment
We offer a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience, options, medical, dental and vision coverage, 401K plan, and life insurance.
Akoustis® (www.akoustis.com) is a high-tech BAW RF filter solutions company that is pioneering next-generation materials science and MEMS wafer manufacturing to address the market requirements for improved RF filters – targeting higher bandwidth, higher operating frequencies and higher output power compared to incumbent polycrystalline BAW technology deployed today. The Company utilizes its proprietary XBAW manufacturing process to produce bulk acoustic wave RF filters for mobile and other wireless markets, which facilitate signal acquisition and accelerate band performance between the antenna and digital back end. Superior performance is driven by the significant advances of high-purity, single-crystal and associated piezoelectric materials and the resonator-filter process technology which drives electro-mechanical coupling and translates to wide filter bandwidth.
Akoustis plans to service the fast growing multi-billion-dollar RF filter market using its integrated design and manufacturing (IDM) business model. The Company owns and operates a 120,000 sq. ft. ISO-9001:2015 certified commercial wafer-manufacturing facility located in Canandaigua, NY, which includes a class 100 / class 1000 cleanroom facility – tooled for 150-mm diameter wafers – for the design, development, fabrication and packaging of RF filters, MEMS and other semiconductor devices. Akoustis Technologies, Inc. is headquartered in the Piedmont technology corridor near Charlotte, North Carolina.
Akoustis, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.