Position: Director of Manufacturing
Location: Canandaigua, NY
Position Type: Full-Time
The primary role of the Director of Manufacturing is to oversee all aspects of the Wafer Fab production operations. The Director of Manufacturing is accountable and responsible for the transfer of processes from the development phase to production. The position includes the following responsibilities:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for managing and reporting on key performance indicators for production operations.
- Work with engineering staff to control and improve production yields
- Review area tool SPC’s, tool qualifications, and best-known operating procedures.
- Prioritize operations schedules, resources. Balance staffing levels to meet product demands.
- Implement continuous improvement programs. Lead workflow improvements, cycle time, and cost reduction efforts.
- Implement best known methods for lean manufacturing.
- Work with leadership team to establish and implement multi-shift operations.
- Plan staffing requirements in support of business objectives
- Prepare operating budgets supporting business demands.
- Coordinate with quality and implement PFMEA, 5S and 8D programs.
- Develop multi-year capital equipment road map meeting manufacturing capacity and R&D forecast.
- Coordinate with facilities capital equipment tool installs.
- Work with leadership to map process capabilities with technology road map.
- Anticipate problems and coordinate efforts to minimize tool issues impacting schedule.
- Implement new hire training programs and cross training certification.
- Maintain ISO procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Materials or Physical Sciences.
- Minimum of five (5) years of supervisory or management experience.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience working in either semiconductor or MEMS high volume manufacturing environment
Akoustis was founded in 2014 by Jeffrey B. Shealy, Steven P. Denbaars and Richard T. Ogawa. The Company’s mission is to design and manufacture its patented XBAW™ acoustic wave RF filter technology using its high-performance piezoelectric materials combined with unique silicon MEMS wafer manufacturing.
The Company’s RF Filters address critical spectrum selectivity requirements for devices where signals must coexist to enable high speed operation. Such applications include 5G mobile smartphones, WiFi routers, 5G base station small cells and military radars.
The Bulk Acoustic Wave (BAW) filter market is rapidly expanding from $3.7B today to over $5.4B by 2021, driven by growth in 5G and the number of filters required per device. BAW filters have evolved as the key differentiator in the RF Front End, as they are critical to enabling connectivity to the Internet.
The Company operates a vertically-integrated design and manufacturing (IDM) business model, which offers turn-key RF filter engineering, shortest time-to-market and lowest supplier risk to its customers. The Company sells its product through direct sales, manufacturer representatives and through international distribution channels. The Company is headquartered in Huntersville, North Carolina with consolidated manufacturing operations in Canandaigua, New York.
Please complete the form below, attach your resumé, and click SUBMIT to apply for this position.