Title: Etch Process Engineer
Location: Canandaigua, NY
Job Type: Full Time
This position supports fabrication operations by providing technical engineering expertise in dry etch process development and sustaining engineering.
- Develop dry etch processes for new MEMS process flows; Transfer processes from development to manufacturing
- Act as a sustaining engineer to support existing processes and implement new recipes to improve cost and yield; Train technicians and operators on dry etch processes/procedures
- Work with technical members to ensure a match of process capability to product requirements
- Apply statistical process control on critical parameters; sustain, evaluate and improve current etch processes
- Maintain a working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Physics or related field
- 5 + years experience in MEMS or semiconductor processing
- Experience with metal, dielectric and deep silicon etching; Hands-on experience with LAM9600, LAM9400, LAM4520 and SPTS deep silicon etchers
- Experienced in the use of design of experiments , failure analysis methodologies, and statistical process controls for process optimization and control
- We offer a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Position eligible for participation in company stock plan and annual target bonuses.
- Benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage, 401K plan, and life insurance.
Akoustis was founded in 2014 by experienced industry leaders and scientists from University of California at Santa Barbara (UCSB) and Cornell University, Akoustis’ mission is to commercialize and manufacture its patented BulkONE® acoustic wave technology to address the critical frequency-selectivity requirements in today’s mobile smartphones – improving the efficiency and signal quality of Mobile Wireless devices and enabling the Internet of Things (IoT).
In June 2017, Akoustis acquired a semiconductor wafer manufacturing operation and microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) business with associated wafer production tools as well as real estate associated with the facility located in Canandaigua, New York.
Akoustis, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.