Title: Fabrication Equipment Technician
Location: Canandaigua, NY
Job Type: Full Time
This candidate will provide maintenance support of semiconductor (MEMS) fabrication and packaging tools to support volume device production in a fast-changing environment. Most of this work will be in a cleanroom environment. This position requires the use and handling of hazardous chemicals and gasses. This position may involve shift work and overtime.
• Trouble-shoot down equipment; define and perform all preventive maintenance on tools in the wafer Fab.
• Works with Fab engineers to maximize uptime to meet unique program needs
• Assist fabrication staff as necessary to ensure timely workflow
• Assist maintenance techs in other areas
• Maintain spare parts inventory control; define and order appropriate parts (with competitive bids or sole source justification as needed)
• Assist with or perform calibrations on fab tools in support of ISO-9001-2015 certification
• Work with the team to achieve overall processing goals on schedule
• Maintains a working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner
• AA degree with emphasis on electronics, mechanical engineering, physics, chemistry or equivalent technical training or experience
• Minimum three years’ experience in maintenance of semiconductor equipment and tools
• A good comprehension of core sciences and prior experience with semiconductor equipment maintenance or process engineering may substitute for a degree requirement.
• Ability to troubleshoot to a system or component level on complex tools involving medium and high vacuum pumps and systems, high voltage, chemicals, robotics, pneumatics, RF, gasses and pressure, cooling and abatement systems along with both newer and older computer and PLC systems
• Ability to read complex technical written and verbal instructions is required
• Must be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills including effective problem-solving ability and good communications skills.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
We offer a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience, options, medical, dental and vision coverage, 401K plan, and life insurance.
Akoustis® (www.akoustis.com) is a high-tech BAW RF filter solutions company that is pioneering next-generation materials science and MEMS wafer manufacturing to address the market requirements for improved RF filters – targeting higher bandwidth, higher operating frequencies and higher output power compared to incumbent polycrystalline BAW technology deployed today. The Company utilizes its proprietary XBAW manufacturing process to produce bulk acoustic wave RF filters for mobile and other wireless markets, which facilitate signal acquisition and accelerate band performance between the antenna and digital back end. Superior performance is driven by the significant advances of high-purity, single-crystal and associated piezoelectric materials and the resonator-filter process technology which drives electro-mechanical coupling and translates to wide filter bandwidth.
Akoustis plans to service the fast growing multi-billion-dollar RF filter market using its integrated design and manufacturing (IDM) business model. The Company owns and operates a 120,000 sq. ft. ISO-9001:2015 certified commercial wafer-manufacturing facility located in Canandaigua, NY, which includes a class 100 / class 1000 cleanroom facility – tooled for 150-mm diameter wafers – for the design, development, fabrication and packaging of RF filters, MEMS and other semiconductor devices. Akoustis Technologies, Inc. is headquartered in the Piedmont technology corridor near Charlotte, North Carolina.
Akoustis, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.