Location: Canandaigua, NY
Job Type: Full Time
Akoustis Technologies is in need of Facilities Process Engineer to work day shift Monday-Friday. Candidate must perform a high degree of problem identification and troubleshooting assignments with little supervision and participate effectively in a team environment.
This role will provide you experience working to support a high tech manufacturing facility. You will have the opportunity to gain diversified experience working on multiple projects and opportunities to expand electrical/mechanical knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Electrical and mechanical experience is a must, preferably in a manufacturing environment
• Knowledge or experience in some or all of the following areas: pneumatics, piping, HVAC, PLC experience, electrical schematics and complex troubleshooting.
• Preferred experience given to candidates familiar with variable frequency drives, complex HVAC controls, strong electrical or mechanical skills, Metasys experience
• Excellent communication skills, confidence, and can work independently.
• Precise and concise written communication skills.
• Familiarity with a cleanroom environment.
• The ability to work under pressure.
• Familiarity with root cause analysis process.
• Able to develop engineering guidelines and specifications.
• Organizational skills, such as time and resource planning.
• BS degree in manufacturing, mechanical, or electrical engineering is required or equivalent experience.
• 5 years of experience in Facilities Engineering and operations with a focus in the semiconductor industry
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
• Very diverse understanding of electrical, mechanical, architectural design and construction disciplines
• Ability to organize work and meet deadlines.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
We offer a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience, options, medical, dental and vision coverage, 401K plan, and life insurance.
Akoustis® (www.akoustis.com) is a high-tech BAW RF filter solutions company that is pioneering next-generation materials science and MEMS wafer manufacturing to address the market requirements for improved RF filters – targeting higher bandwidth, higher operating frequencies and higher output power compared to incumbent polycrystalline BAW technology deployed today. The Company utilizes its proprietary XBAW manufacturing process to produce bulk acoustic wave RF filters for mobile and other wireless markets, which facilitate signal acquisition and accelerate band performance between the antenna and digital back end. Superior performance is driven by the significant advances of high-purity, single-crystal and associated piezoelectric materials and the resonator-filter process technology which drives electro-mechanical coupling and translates to wide filter bandwidth.
Akoustis plans to service the fast growing multi-billion-dollar RF filter market using its integrated design and manufacturing (IDM) business model. The Company owns and operates a 120,000 sq. ft. ISO-9001:2015 certified commercial wafer-manufacturing facility located in Canandaigua, NY, which includes a class 100 / class 1000 cleanroom facility – tooled for 150-mm diameter wafers – for the design, development, fabrication and packaging of RF filters, MEMS and other semiconductor devices. Akoustis Technologies, Inc. is headquartered in the Piedmont technology corridor near Charlotte, North Carolina.
Akoustis, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.