Title: Facilities Technician
Location: Rochester, NY
Job Type: Full Time
Akoustis Technologies is in need of an Industrial Facilities Technician to train on day shift Monday-Friday in preparation to work normal 12 hour rotating shifts. Candidate must perform a high degree of problem identification and troubleshooting assignments with little supervision and participate effectively in a team environment.
This role will provide you experience working to support a high tech manufacturing facility. You will have the opportunity to gain diversified experience working on multiple projects and opportunities to expand electrical/mechanical knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Electrical and mechanical experience is a must, preferably in a manufacturing environment
• Knowledge or experience in some or all of the following areas: pneumatics, piping, HVAC, PLC experience, electrical schematics and complex troubleshooting.
• Must be self motivated and willing to learn advance automated controls.
• Perform calibrations and validations of sensors including pressure and temperature gauges.
• Experience with 480V A/C a plus
• Preferred experience given to candidates familiar with variable frequency drives, complex HVAC controls, strong electrical or mechanical skills, Metasys experience
• H.S Diploma or equivalent required but Technology certificate or A.S. degree preferred.
• Ability to organize work and meet deadlines.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Ability to work with machinery and moving parts
• Ability to work at heights, and in confined spaces
• Ability to properly lift/carry/push/pull/manipulate/transport up to 25 lbs.
• Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs., frequently lift up to 40 lbs., and consistently lift up to 25 lbs.
• Ability to work in a non-climate controlled environment
• The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods of standing or walking over hard concrete surface
• Exposure to recurring bending, crouching, stooping, kneeling, sitting, climbing, stretching, or similar activities
We offer a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience, options, medical, dental and vision coverage, 401K plan, and life insurance.
Akoustis® (www.akoustis.com) is a high-tech BAW RF filter solutions company that is pioneering next-generation materials science and MEMS wafer manufacturing to address the market requirements for improved RF filters – targeting higher bandwidth, higher operating frequencies and higher output power compared to incumbent polycrystalline BAW technology deployed today. The Company utilizes its proprietary XBAW manufacturing process to produce bulk acoustic wave RF filters for mobile and other wireless markets, which facilitate signal acquisition and accelerate band performance between the antenna and digital back end. Superior performance is driven by the significant advances of high-purity, single-crystal and associated piezoelectric materials and the resonator-filter process technology which drives electro-mechanical coupling and translates to wide filter bandwidth.
Akoustis plans to service the fast growing multi-billion-dollar RF filter market using its integrated design and manufacturing (IDM) business model. The Company owns and operates a 120,000 sq. ft. ISO-9001:2015 certified commercial wafer-manufacturing facility located in Canandaigua, NY, which includes a class 100 / class 1000 cleanroom facility – tooled for 150-mm diameter wafers – for the design, development, fabrication and packaging of RF filters, MEMS and other semiconductor devices. Akoustis Technologies, Inc. is headquartered in the Piedmont technology corridor near Charlotte, North Carolina.
Akoustis, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.