Title: Human Resources Manager
Location: Canandaigua, NY
Job Type: Full Time
The Human Resources Manager will primarily support the NY Fab operations in all areas of HR including employee relations, recruiting, retention, on boarding, training and compliance. He/she will be the business partner for the Fab leadership team and will understand business issues and bring solutions that support and advance the interests of the Fab and the company.
- Nurture a positive work environment by promoting Akoustis’ core values such as integrity, innovation and personal commitment to enable a collaborative, supportive and entrepreneurial culture.
- Provide effective guidance and coaching to the fab leadership team and managers on employee and business issues.
- Serve as the liaison between management and employees by handling questions and assisting in the resolution of employee related issues.
- Understands, follows and enforces all established policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Lead the talent acquisition process for the plant and develop relationships with local area resources including recruiting vendors, colleges and state and local agencies.
- Facilitate the new hire onboarding process including ensuring completion of all activities in a timely manner.
- Investigate and manage any employee complaints.
- Deliver and/or facilitate training and development plans and programs.
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and retention of employees.
- Administer performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance and equity within the organization.
- Maintain the organization structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Understand SOX requirements and ensure all documentation is properly recorded and maintained.
- Contribute to the HR team effort by accomplishing other projects and processes as needed.
- Lead investigations and administration of worker compensation claims, recordkeeping and documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years’ experience in Human Resources
- 2+ years’ experience in HR leadership position
- Strong understanding of general HR functions
- PHR Certification or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) preferred
- Experience in a high-tech manufacturing environment a huge plus
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Excellent communication, leadership and planning skills
- Effective problem solver and strong influence skills
- Ability to manage the function autonomously
- Sensitivity and ability to manage confidential information
- People oriented and results driven
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- In-depth knowledge of NY and federal labor law and HR best practices
We offer a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience, options, medical, dental and vision coverage, 401K plan, and life insurance.
Akoustis® (www.akoustis.com) is a high-tech BAW RF filter solutions company that is pioneering next-generation materials science and MEMS wafer manufacturing to address the market requirements for improved RF filters – targeting higher bandwidth, higher operating frequencies and higher output power compared to incumbent polycrystalline BAW technology deployed today. The Company utilizes its proprietary XBAW manufacturing process to produce bulk acoustic wave RF filters for mobile and other wireless markets, which facilitate signal acquisition and accelerate band performance between the antenna and digital back end. Superior performance is driven by the significant advances of high-purity, single-crystal and associated piezoelectric materials and the resonator-filter process technology which drives electro-mechanical coupling and translates to wide filter bandwidth.
Akoustis plans to service the fast growing multi-billion-dollar RF filter market using its integrated design and manufacturing (IDM) business model. The Company owns and operates a 120,000 sq. ft. ISO-9001:2015 certified commercial wafer-manufacturing facility located in Canandaigua, NY, which includes a class 100 / class 1000 cleanroom facility – tooled for 150-mm diameter wafers – for the design, development, fabrication and packaging of RF filters, MEMS and other semiconductor devices. Akoustis Technologies, Inc. is headquartered in the Piedmont technology corridor near Charlotte, North Carolina.
Akoustis, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.