Title: IC CAD Layout Technician
Location: Charlotte, NC
Job Type: Full Time
The IC CAD Layout Technician is a highly visible role as a senior member of the CAD team. This position will architect, maintain and improve the layout flow. This person will participate in the engineering team responsible for mask tape out varying in complexity from schematic, validating checks and generating documentations.
- Prepare IC layouts for tape out on BAW technology in collaboration with Design/ Device Engineers
- Understand and up to date on DRC/LVS design rules and device identification concepts
- Prepare floorplan, and support/ assist in tape out and documentation
- 2 year Electrical technician degree accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or other internationally recognized accrediting organization
- Minimum of 3 months electrical or mechanical layout, IC layout experience preferred
- Deep CAD layout knowledge; insightful CAD program designer
- Effective problem solver
- Some RF knowledge, PCB layout and/or IC layout experience preferred
- Experience with EDA tools such as AutoCAD, or AWR
- Some software programming preferred, Visual Basic, C or Python
- Willingness to learn
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Ability to operate independently with minimal supervision
- Self-driven and detail-oriented
We offer a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience, options, medical, dental and vision coverage, 401K plan, and life insurance.
Akoustis® (www.akoustis.com) is a high-tech BAW RF filter solutions company that is pioneering next-generation materials science and MEMS wafer manufacturing to address the market requirements for improved RF filters – targeting higher bandwidth, higher operating frequencies and higher output power compared to incumbent polycrystalline BAW technology deployed today. The Company utilizes its proprietary XBAW manufacturing process to produce bulk acoustic wave RF filters for mobile and other wireless markets, which facilitate signal acquisition and accelerate band performance between the antenna and digital back end. Superior performance is driven by the significant advances of high-purity, single-crystal and associated piezoelectric materials and the resonator-filter process technology which drives electro-mechanical coupling and translates to wide filter bandwidth.
Akoustis plans to service the fast growing multi-billion-dollar RF filter market using its integrated design and manufacturing (IDM) business model. The Company owns and operates a 120,000 sq. ft. ISO-9001:2015 certified commercial wafer-manufacturing facility located in Canandaigua, NY, which includes a class 100 / class 1000 cleanroom facility – tooled for 150-mm diameter wafers – for the design, development, fabrication and packaging of RF filters, MEMS and other semiconductor devices. Akoustis Technologies, Inc. is headquartered in the Piedmont technology corridor near Charlotte, North Carolina.
Akoustis, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.