Title: Maintenance Technician
Location: Canandaigua, NY
Job Type: Full Time
This position provides maintenance support of semiconductor (MEMS) fabrication and packaging tools to support volume device production. Much of this work will be in a cleanroom environment. This position requires the use and handling of hazardous chemicals and gasses. This position may involve shift work and overtime.
- Trouble-shoot down equipment; define and perform all preventive maintenance on tools in the Fab and Packaging areas.
- Works with Fab and Packaging Engineers to maximize uptime to meet unique program needs. Assist fabrication and packaging staff as necessary to ensure timely work flow. Assist maintenance techs in other areas.
- Maintain spare parts inventory control; define and order appropriate parts (with competitive bids or sole source justification).
- Ensure safe-practices in chemical & compressed gas handling are used within the maintenance team.
- Assist with or perform calibrations on fab and packaging tools in support of ISO-9001-2015 certification.
- Work with the team to achieve overall processing goals on schedule.
- Maintains a working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner.
- Associate degree with emphasis on electronics, mechanical engineering, physics, chemistry, or equivalent technical training or experience.
- Ability to troubleshoot to a system or component level on complex tools involving medium and high vacuum, high voltage, chemicals, robotics, pneumatics, RF, gasses and pressure, cooling and abatement systems.
- A good comprehension of core sciences and prior experience with semiconductor equipment maintenance or process engineering may substitute for a degree requirement.
- Ability to read complex technical written and verbal instructions is required.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills including effective problem-solving ability and good communications skills.
- Minimum three years’ experience in production maintenance, semiconductor equipment and tools is highly preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
We offer a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience, options, medical, dental and vision coverage, 401K plan, and life insurance.
Akoustis was founded in 2014 by experienced industry leaders and scientists from University of California at Santa Barbara (UCSB) and Cornell University, Akoustis’ mission is to commercialize and manufacture its patented BulkONE® acoustic wave technology to address the critical frequency-selectivity requirements in today’s mobile smartphones – improving the efficiency and signal quality of Mobile Wireless devices and enabling the Internet of Things (IoT).
In June 2017, Akoustis acquired a semiconductor wafer manufacturing operation and microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) business with associated wafer production tools as well as real estate associated with the facility located in Canandaigua, New York.
Akoustis, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.