Title: Patent Agent, Paralegal, or Analyst
Location: Charlotte, NC
Job Type: Full Time
Akoustis has an opportunity for an experienced patent agent, paralegal or analyst seeking to gain broad experience administering a wide range of legal and compliance processes within a fast-growing publicly traded technology company. This position will report to the company’s General Counsel.
- The successful candidate will assume first-line or backup responsibility (with oversight and support from the company’s General Counsel) for administering multiple company processes and programs which may include:
- Patent and trademark development, prosecution and maintenance;
- Anti-corruption compliance, including screening potential and existing customers, business partners and suppliers;
- Contract administration, including approval of routine contract requests;
- Compliance with import/export and government contracting requirements;
- Marketing compliance administration (e.g., claims backup); and
- Support for routine SEC filings and approvals required by the company’s equity compensation programs and securities compliance processes (e.g., transaction pre-clearances, Form 4 filings).
- The precise duties will be tailored to suit the successful candidate’s demonstrated experience and skills.
- The successful candidate will have opportunities to gain experience in new areas over time.
- A Bachelor’s degree at a four-year institution with a good academic record
- A paralegal certification or advanced degree is a plus, but is not required
- For consideration as a patent agent only, admission to practice before the USPTO is required
- At least three to six years of experience in one or more of the following positions
- Patent agent
- Patent paralegal
- Compliance analyst or manager (e.g., anti-corruption and/or marketing)
- Contracts administrator or manager
- Team player, flexible self-starter, and proactive problem solver who can work semi-independently and timely seek assistance when needed
- Interest in developing or enhancing company policies and processes
- Good verbal and written communication skills, planning and organizational skills, work ethic, interpersonal skills and professionalism
- Strong computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite, e-mail, and internet) required; experience with SharePoint a plus
- Experience in a high-tech manufacturing environment a plus
- Sensitivity and ability to manage confidential information
We offer a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience, options, medical, dental and vision coverage, 401K plan, and life insurance.
Akoustis® (www.akoustis.com) is a high-tech BAW RF filter solutions company that is pioneering next-generation materials science and MEMS wafer manufacturing to address the market requirements for improved RF filters – targeting higher bandwidth, higher operating frequencies and higher output power compared to incumbent polycrystalline BAW technology deployed today. The Company utilizes its proprietary XBAW manufacturing process to produce bulk acoustic wave RF filters for mobile and other wireless markets, which facilitate signal acquisition and accelerate band performance between the antenna and digital back end. Superior performance is driven by the significant advances of high-purity, single-crystal and associated piezoelectric materials and the resonator-filter process technology which drives electro-mechanical coupling and translates to wide filter bandwidth.
Akoustis plans to service the fast growing multi-billion-dollar RF filter market using its integrated design and manufacturing (IDM) business model. The Company owns and operates a 120,000 sq. ft. ISO-9001:2015 certified commercial wafer-manufacturing facility located in Canandaigua, NY, which includes a class 100 / class 1000 cleanroom facility – tooled for 150-mm diameter wafers – for the design, development, fabrication and packaging of RF filters, MEMS and other semiconductor devices. Akoustis Technologies, Inc. is headquartered in the Piedmont technology corridor near Charlotte, North Carolina.
Akoustis, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.