Position: Photolithography Process Engineer
Location: Canandaigua, NY
Position Type: Full-Time
This position supports fabrication operations by providing technical engineering expertise in Photolithography processes. New process development, optimization of existing processes, the training in safe and efficient operations of photolithography assets are all key aspects of the position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop photolithography processes to meet product specifications & manufacturing process flows.
- Develop coat processes for photoresist and other polymer-based films for MEMS structures. Develop exposure processes for stepper and contact aligner.
- Sustain, evaluate and improve existing photolithography processes.
- Work with Akoustis technical team to integrate processes for successful device fabrication & ensure a match of process capability to product requirement.
- Review product designs for proper alignment marks and verniers for successful device fabrication.
- Specify and qualify photolithography tools.
- Act as technical lead in programs that require extensive photo processing (establish activities for overall process development, define schedule, routinely report results).
- Maintain a working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner, as well as other reasonable duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- BS in Chemical, Engineering or Material Science from a College or University accredited by the U.S. Dept of Education or other internationally recognized accrediting organization.
- 2 years minimum industrial experience in the MEMS Photolithography field.
- Hands on experience in MEMS fabrication processes Photolithography with an emphasis on development and manufacturing.
- Experienced in the use of design of experiments, failure analysis methodologies, and statistical process controls for process optimization and control.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have intermediate skill with WORD, PowerPoint word processing software; Excel, KLayout and project management software.
Akoustis was founded in 2014 by Jeffrey B. Shealy, Steven P. Denbaars and Richard T. Ogawa. The Company’s mission is to design and manufacture its patented XBAW™ acoustic wave RF filter technology using its high-performance piezoelectric materials combined with unique silicon MEMS wafer manufacturing.
The Company’s RF Filters address critical spectrum selectivity requirements for devices where signals must coexist to enable high speed operation. Such applications include 5G mobile smartphones, WiFi routers, 5G base station small cells and military radars.
The Bulk Acoustic Wave (BAW) filter market is rapidly expanding from $3.7B today to over $5.4B by 2021, driven by growth in 5G and the number of filters required per device. BAW filters have evolved as the key differentiator in the RF Front End, as they are critical to enabling connectivity to the Internet.
The Company operates a vertically-integrated design and manufacturing (IDM) business model, which offers turn-key RF filter engineering, shortest time-to-market and lowest supplier risk to its customers. The Company sells its product through direct sales, manufacturer representatives and through international distribution channels. The Company is headquartered in Huntersville, North Carolina with consolidated manufacturing operations in Canandaigua, New York.
Please complete the form below, attach your resumé, and click SUBMIT to apply for this position.