Title: Process Technician
Location: Canandaigua, NY
Job Type: Full Time
Akoustis Technologies has five open positions for a process technician opportunity in its Wafer Fab facility supporting process engineering, located in Canandaigua, NY. The individual will have the responsibility of processing lots through MEMS fabrication processes.
• Process WIP through fabrication supporting manufacturing and process development in work center using defined procedures.
• Hands on knowledge of semiconductor equipment and processes.
• Monitor, control, and qualify fabrication tools.
• Complete required area and product SPCs; Support ISO requirements and documentation.
• Review SPC charts and react to out of control conditions using troubleshooting skills.
• Report SPC violations to engineering.
• Operate metrology equipment supporting tool qualification.
• Review processes and participate in cycle time and cost reduction activities.
• Work with process engineering qualifying processes.
• Execute experiments and document results.
• Maintain a working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner.
• Adhere to quality standards for working and handling product in a clean room environment.
• Must have a minimum of 2 years of relevant industry experience in a clean room environment. Associate degree in chemistry preferred. An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
• Experience working with chemicals preferred.
• Proficient in MS Office Suite.
We offer a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience, options, medical, dental and vision coverage, 401K plan, and life insurance.
Akoustis® (www.akoustis.com) is a high-tech BAW RF filter solutions company that is pioneering next-generation materials science and MEMS wafer manufacturing to address the market requirements for improved RF filters – targeting higher bandwidth, higher operating frequencies and higher output power compared to incumbent polycrystalline BAW technology deployed today. The Company utilizes its proprietary XBAW manufacturing process to produce bulk acoustic wave RF filters for mobile and other wireless markets, which facilitate signal acquisition and accelerate band performance between the antenna and digital back end. Superior performance is driven by the significant advances of high-purity, single-crystal and associated piezoelectric materials and the resonator-filter process technology which drives electro-mechanical coupling and translates to wide filter bandwidth.
Akoustis plans to service the fast growing multi-billion-dollar RF filter market using its integrated design and manufacturing (IDM) business model. The Company owns and operates a 120,000 sq. ft. ISO-9001:2015 certified commercial wafer-manufacturing facility located in Canandaigua, NY, which includes a class 100 / class 1000 cleanroom facility – tooled for 150-mm diameter wafers – for the design, development, fabrication and packaging of RF filters, MEMS and other semiconductor devices. Akoustis Technologies, Inc. is headquartered in the Piedmont technology corridor near Charlotte, North Carolina.
Akoustis, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.