Position: Quality Systems Specialist
Location: Canandaigua, NY
Position Type: Full-Time
The Quality Specialist will be tasked with integrating into the Fab team to administer the Quality Management System. This position is a hands-on role, actively involved in and supporting fab activities, that requires a high level of self-motivation and an ability to work independently.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for leading the development and maintenance of the ISO9001:2015 (and any other certifications attained) Quality Management System. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Schedule / Execution of internal audits
- Manage Engineering / Document Change Control processes
- Work with suppliers to solve supplier quality issues
- Formal review of non-conforming materials as leader of a Material Review Board
- Record and track all approved deviations
- Corrective Action System management, as well as leading corrective action teams to continuously improve processes / products / customer satisfaction
- Work cross-functionally with the wafer fab team to develop and maintain FMEA, Control Plans, Measurement Systems Analysis, or other tools as needed
- Review and/or author standard operating procedures
- Develop and manage material inspections to support fab operations / material movements
- Develop, maintain, manage and communicate key process indicators (KPI)
- Coordinate and host audits of the wafer fabrication facility
- Travel less than 15%
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Associates Degree, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years relevant experience
- Certified Quality Engineer preferred
- Certified Internal Auditor
- Knowledge / experience with ISO9001 (or higher) standard and associated requirements (ex: Internal Audit, Metrology, Document / Change control)
Akoustis was founded in 2014 by Jeffrey B. Shealy, Steven P. Denbaars and Richard T. Ogawa. The Company’s mission is to design and manufacture its patented XBAW™ acoustic wave RF filter technology using its high-performance piezoelectric materials combined with unique silicon MEMS wafer manufacturing.
The Company’s RF Filters address critical spectrum selectivity requirements for devices where signals must coexist to enable high speed operation. Such applications include 5G mobile smartphones, WiFi routers, 5G base station small cells and military radars.
The Bulk Acoustic Wave (BAW) filter market is rapidly expanding from $3.7B today to over $5.4B by 2021, driven by growth in 5G and the number of filters required per device. BAW filters have evolved as the key differentiator in the RF Front End, as they are critical to enabling connectivity to the Internet.
The Company operates a vertically-integrated design and manufacturing (IDM) business model, which offers turn-key RF filter engineering, shortest time-to-market and lowest supplier risk to its customers. The Company sells its product through direct sales, manufacturer representatives and through international distribution channels. The Company is headquartered in Huntersville, North Carolina with consolidated manufacturing operations in Canandaigua, New York.
Please complete the form below, attach your resumé, and click SUBMIT to apply for this position.