Title: Quality Systems Specialist
Location: Canandaigua, NY
Job Type: Full Time
The Quality Specialist will be tasked with integrating into the Fab team to administer the Quality Management System. This position is a hands-on role, actively involved in and supporting fab activities, that requires a high level of self-motivation and an ability to work independently.
• Responsible for leading the development and maintenance of the ISO9001:2015 (and any other certifications attained) Quality Management System. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
– Schedule / Execution of internal audits
– Manage Engineering / Document Change Control processes
– Work with suppliers to solve supplier quality issues
– Formal review of non-conforming materials as leader of a Material Review Board
– Record and track all approved deviations
– Corrective Action System management, as well as leading corrective action teams to continuously improve processes / products / customer satisfaction
– Work cross-functionally with the wafer fab team to develop and maintain FMEA, Control Plans, Measurement Systems Analysis, or other tools as needed
– Review and/or author standard operating procedures
• Develop and manage material inspections to support fab operations / material movements
• Develop, maintain, manage and communicate key process indicators (KPI)
• Coordinate and host audits of the wafer fabrication facility
• Travel less than 15%
• Associates Degree, Bachelor’s degree preferred
• 3-5 years relevant experience
• Certified Quality Engineer preferred
• Certified Internal Auditor
• Knowledge / experience with ISO9001 (or higher) standard and associated requirements (ex: Internal Audit, Metrology, Document / Change control)
• Demonstrated ability to utilize Quality tools
• Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams as part of problem solving.
• Comfortable preparing and presenting to executive management
• Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office products.
• Working knowledge of statistical analysis software
We offer a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience, options, medical, dental and vision coverage, 401K plan, and life insurance.
Akoustis® (www.akoustis.com) is a high-tech BAW RF filter solutions company that is pioneering next-generation materials science and MEMS wafer manufacturing to address the market requirements for improved RF filters – targeting higher bandwidth, higher operating frequencies and higher output power compared to incumbent polycrystalline BAW technology deployed today. The Company utilizes its proprietary XBAW manufacturing process to produce bulk acoustic wave RF filters for mobile and other wireless markets, which facilitate signal acquisition and accelerate band performance between the antenna and digital back end. Superior performance is driven by the significant advances of high-purity, single-crystal and associated piezoelectric materials and the resonator-filter process technology which drives electro-mechanical coupling and translates to wide filter bandwidth.
Akoustis plans to service the fast growing multi-billion-dollar RF filter market using its integrated design and manufacturing (IDM) business model. The Company owns and operates a 120,000 sq. ft. ISO-9001:2015 certified commercial wafer-manufacturing facility located in Canandaigua, NY, which includes a class 100 / class 1000 cleanroom facility – tooled for 150-mm diameter wafers – for the design, development, fabrication and packaging of RF filters, MEMS and other semiconductor devices. Akoustis Technologies, Inc. is headquartered in the Piedmont technology corridor near Charlotte, North Carolina.
Akoustis, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.