Title: Senior Accountant
Location: Canandaigua, NY
Job Type: Full Time
Akoustis Technologies, Inc. is seeking a Senior Accountant who is a great communicator, has excellent analytical skills and enjoys working in a challenging and fast paced technology environment to support the company’s continued growth and success. This high impact role is for its Canandaigua, NY facility reporting to the plant controller. Your primary responsibilities will be supervising accounts payable, inventory control and job costing. Other various activities will include preparing and/or reviewing appropriate ledger entries and reconciliations, preparing monthly financial statements, and other financial related duties.
- Supervise the Accounts Payable process
- Responsibility over inventory and job costing along with related financial controls
- Analyze inventory variances and prepare month end account reconciliations ensuring all reconciling items are properly researched and resolved
- Execute month end close procedures including the preparation and booking of journal entries
- Prepare monthly revenue, COGS, and analysis assessing overall profitability, studies cost trends to ensure proper recording
- Assist in analyzing monthly and annual financial statements and reports on variances
- Assist in maintaining GAAP compliant financial and accounting records on an interim and annual basis
- Ensure the credibility of the financial statements by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts
- Assist in the development, documentation and monitoring of internal controls for SOX
- Ad Hoc reporting as assigned
- Assist with forecasting and budgeting
- Degree in accounting; CPA/CMA and/or MBA preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in accounting, or Public Accounting.
- Accounts payable experience required
- Cost accounting experience in manufacturing environment preferred.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Strong systems experience including experience with Sage a plus
We offer a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience, options, medical, dental and vision coverage, 401K plan, and life insurance.
Akoustis was founded in 2014 by experienced industry leaders and scientists from University of California at Santa Barbara (UCSB) and Cornell University, Akoustis’ mission is to commercialize and manufacture its patented BulkONE® acoustic wave technology to address the critical frequency-selectivity requirements in today’s mobile smartphones – improving the efficiency and signal quality of Mobile Wireless devices and enabling the Internet of Things (IoT).
In June 2017, Akoustis acquired a semiconductor wafer manufacturing operation and microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) business with associated wafer production tools as well as real estate associated with the facility located in Canandaigua, New York.
Akoustis, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.