Title: Senior BAW Design Engineer
Location: Huntersville, NC or Canandaigua, NY
Job Type: Full Time
We are seeking a Senior BAW Design Engineer, a position that entails all aspects of the design and development of state‐of‐the‐art bulk acoustic wave (BAW) filters, duplexers and multiplexers used in Mobile, Infrastructure and Mil-com technologies. Individuals will apply advanced theoretical knowledge of electrical engineering principles and concepts, as well as experience with BAW filters and radio frequency, to perform the duties of the position. The design responsibilities involve product definition, feasibility, computer simulation using commercial and custom tools, design for manufacturability, layout, trouble shooting and test characterization. The successful candidate will be a proven BAW designer with filter and/or duplexer designs in the field.
- Design RF BAW filters in the range of 1GHz -7GHz for applications such as LTE, LTE-U, Wi-Fi, DSRC and military systems
- Design filters using advanced modeling techniques including lumped model and complete 3D EM simulations
- Break down and solve complex problems
- Participate in cross-function team
- Data Analysis
- Minimum MSEE or higher degree
- 4+ years of experience, 2yrs minimum BAW filter/duplexer design and modelling experience
- expertise in various RF simulation tools such as AWR, HFSS, ADS
- hands-on experience with RF measurements and characterization RF component testing
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills
- Operate independently with minimal supervision
- We offer a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Position eligible for participation in company stock plan and annual target bonuses.
- Benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage, 401K plan, and life insurance.
Akoustis was founded in 2014 by experienced industry leaders and scientists from University of California at Santa Barbara (UCSB) and Cornell University, Akoustis’ mission is to commercialize and manufacture its patented BulkONE® acoustic wave technology to address the critical frequency-selectivity requirements in today’s mobile smartphones – improving the efficiency and signal quality of Mobile Wireless devices and enabling the Internet of Things (IoT).
In June 2017, Akoustis acquired a semiconductor wafer manufacturing operation and microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) business with associated wafer production tools as well as real estate associated with the facility located in Canandaigua, New York.
Akoustis, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.