Title: Senior BAW Design Engineer
Location: Huntersville, NC or Canandaigua, NY
Job Type: Full Time
We are seeking a Senior BAW Design Engineer, a position that entails all aspects of the design and development of state‐of‐the‐art bulk acoustic wave (BAW) filters, duplexers and multiplexers used in Mobile, Infrastructure and Mil-com technologies. Individuals will apply advanced theoretical knowledge of electrical engineering principles and concepts, as well as experience with BAW filters and radio frequency, to perform the duties of the position. The design responsibilities involve product definition, feasibility, computer simulation using commercial and custom tools, design for manufacturability, layout, trouble shooting and test characterization. The successful candidate will be a proven BAW designer with filter and/or duplexer designs in the field.
- Design RF BAW filters in the range of 1GHz -7GHz for applications such as LTE, LTE-U, Wi-Fi, DSRC and military systems
- Design filters using advanced modeling techniques including lumped model and complete 3D EM simulations
- Break down and solve complex problems
- Participate in cross-function team
- Data Analysis
- Minimum MSEE or higher degree
- 4+ years of experience, 2yrs minimum BAW filter/duplexer design and modelling experience
- expertise in various RF simulation tools such as AWR, HFSS, ADS
- hands-on experience with RF measurements and characterization RF component testing
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills
- Operate independently with minimal supervision
- We offer a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Position eligible for participation in company stock plan and annual target bonuses.
- Benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage, 401K plan, and life insurance.
Akoustis® (www.akoustis.com) is a high-tech BAW RF filter solutions company that is pioneering next-generation materials science and MEMS wafer manufacturing to address the market requirements for improved RF filters – targeting higher bandwidth, higher operating frequencies and higher output power compared to incumbent polycrystalline BAW technology deployed today. The Company utilizes its proprietary XBAW manufacturing process to produce bulk acoustic wave RF filters for mobile and other wireless markets, which facilitate signal acquisition and accelerate band performance between the antenna and digital back end. Superior performance is driven by the significant advances of high-purity, single-crystal and associated piezoelectric materials and the resonator-filter process technology which drives electro-mechanical coupling and translates to wide filter bandwidth.
Akoustis plans to service the fast growing multi-billion-dollar RF filter market using its integrated design and manufacturing (IDM) business model. The Company owns and operates a 120,000 sq. ft. ISO-9001:2015 certified commercial wafer-manufacturing facility located in Canandaigua, NY, which includes a class 100 / class 1000 cleanroom facility – tooled for 150-mm diameter wafers – for the design, development, fabrication and packaging of RF filters, MEMS and other semiconductor devices. Akoustis Technologies, Inc. is headquartered in the Piedmont technology corridor near Charlotte, North Carolina.
Akoustis, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.