Title: Senior Design Engineer
Location: Charlotte, NC
Job Type: Full Time
The Senior Design Engineer position entails all aspects of the design and development of state-of-the-art bulk acoustic wave (BAW) filters, duplexers and multiplexers used in Mobile, Infrastructure and Mil-com technologies. In this role, you will apply advanced theoretical knowledge of electrical engineering principles and concepts, as well as experience with BAW filters and radio frequency, to perform the duties of the position. The design responsibilities involve product definition, feasibility, computer simulation using commercial and custom tools, design for manufacturability, layout, trouble shooting and test characterization. The successful candidate will be a proven BAW designer with filter and/or duplexer designs in the field.
- Design of novel RF BAW filters in the range of 1GHz-7GHz for mobile and other wireless applications such as LTE, 5G, Wi-Fi and military systems
- Perform acoustic, thermal and EM simulations using advanced modeling techniques including lumped model and complete 3D EM simulations with commercial as well as proprietary software tools
- Break down and solve complex interdisciplinary problems
- Perform device characterization and data analysis
- Document work updates and present results to peer designers, product engineers and marketing managers
- Minimum MSEE or higher degree
- PhD or MSEE 2+ yrs BAW filter/duplexer design and modeling experience
- Knowledge of RF and microwave design techniques
- Expertise in various RF and EM simulation tools such as AWR, HFSS, ADS
- Understanding of semiconductor, thin film and MEMS device physics and fabrication processes
- Knowledge of a high-level, general purpose programming language like, e.g., Python is a plus
- Hands-on experience with RF measurement equipment and techniques and characterization of RF components
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Operate independently with minimal supervision
We offer a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience, options, medical, dental and vision coverage, 401K plan, and life insurance.
Akoustis® (www.akoustis.com) is a high-tech BAW RF filter solutions company that is pioneering next-generation materials science and MEMS wafer manufacturing to address the market requirements for improved RF filters – targeting higher bandwidth, higher operating frequencies and higher output power compared to incumbent polycrystalline BAW technology deployed today. The Company utilizes its proprietary XBAW manufacturing process to produce bulk acoustic wave RF filters for mobile and other wireless markets, which facilitate signal acquisition and accelerate band performance between the antenna and digital back end. Superior performance is driven by the significant advances of high-purity, single-crystal and associated piezoelectric materials and the resonator-filter process technology which drives electro-mechanical coupling and translates to wide filter bandwidth.
Akoustis plans to service the fast growing multi-billion-dollar RF filter market using its integrated design and manufacturing (IDM) business model. The Company owns and operates a 120,000 sq. ft. ISO-9001:2015 certified commercial wafer-manufacturing facility located in Canandaigua, NY, which includes a class 100 / class 1000 cleanroom facility – tooled for 150-mm diameter wafers – for the design, development, fabrication and packaging of RF filters, MEMS and other semiconductor devices. Akoustis Technologies, Inc. is headquartered in the Piedmont technology corridor near Charlotte, North Carolina.
Akoustis, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.