Location: Huntersville, NC
Job Type: Full Time
BAW resonator research and development and work within BAW engineering team to define the process and material stack.
- Define and assist in BAW thickness control processes (deposition, etch, and trim) for accurate device frequencies.
- Define and assist in monitoring process and device metrics to validate processed wafer quality.
- Work with manufacturing team to translate the impact of FAB processes to resonator and filter metrics.
- Evaluate device experiments via statistical analysis of measured and modeled data.
- Define and generate resonator equivalent circuit models to be used in filter product design.
- Support characterization and test setups for resonator and filters.
- Define and assist with generation of DRC rules along with resonator and filter PDK.
- Support mask generation and layout
- MS degree or PhD in EE, physics or related fields
- 1-5 year’s semiconductor device experience, ideally in AlN BAW/MEMS technology
- Process experience, academic or industry is preferred
- Strong background in RF BAW resonator physics and technology development
- Strong background in RF circuits and electromagnetics
- Understanding of statistical analysis of characterization and modeling data for evaluation of DoE.
- Understanding of equivalent device circuit models to support IC designs.
We offer a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience, options, medical, dental and vision coverage, 401K plan, and life insurance.
Akoustis® (www.akoustis.com) is a high-tech BAW RF filter solutions company that is pioneering next-generation materials science and MEMS wafer manufacturing to address the market requirements for improved RF filters – targeting higher bandwidth, higher operating frequencies and higher output power compared to incumbent polycrystalline BAW technology deployed today. The Company utilizes its proprietary XBAW manufacturing process to produce bulk acoustic wave RF filters for mobile and other wireless markets, which facilitate signal acquisition and accelerate band performance between the antenna and digital back end. Superior performance is driven by the significant advances of high-purity, single-crystal and associated piezoelectric materials and the resonator-filter process technology which drives electro-mechanical coupling and translates to wide filter bandwidth.
Akoustis plans to service the fast growing multi-billion-dollar RF filter market using its integrated design and manufacturing (IDM) business model. The Company owns and operates a 120,000 sq. ft. ISO-9001:2015 certified commercial wafer-manufacturing facility located in Canandaigua, NY, which includes a class 100 / class 1000 cleanroom facility – tooled for 150-mm diameter wafers – for the design, development, fabrication and packaging of RF filters, MEMS and other semiconductor devices. Akoustis Technologies, Inc. is headquartered in the Piedmont technology corridor near Charlotte, North Carolina.
Akoustis, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.