Title: Senior Device Engineer
Location: Huntersville, NC/Canandaigua, NY
Job Type: Full Time
Highly motivated individual with background in MEMS/piezoelectric resonator devices with ideally, a background in BAW resonator technology for RF filters.
Akoustis creates challenging new technology using III-Nitride semiconductors to develop BAW resonator based filter products for a wide spectrum of applications. Thus, ideally, a strong background in in MEMS/piezoelectric resonator devices, electrical engineering and physical simulation of acoustic resonator devices is desired. An understanding of the BAW fabrication process will be necessary. In a startup environment, flexibility is expected along with the skill to engage in a breadth of technical areas.
- Support BAW resonator research and development.
- Work in resonator engineering team to define process, material, and layout experiments.
- Define and analyze resonator technology metrics.
- Work with manufacturing team to translate the impact of FAB processes to resonator and filter metrics.
- Design characterization tests for resonators
- Evaluate resonator experiments via statistical analysis of measured and modeled data.
- Support resonator and filter mask generation and layout.
- Education: MS degree or PhD in MEMS, physics, EE, or related fields
- Work experience: BAW/MEMS technology development experience in industry desired
- Technical skills, experience, background:
-Strong background in MEMS/piezoelectric resonator devices,
-Ideally, strong background in COMSOL/other simulation tool as used in physical simulation of acoustic devices
-Statistical analysis of experimental data.
-Background in electrical engineering
-Understanding of semiconductor processing
-Understanding of equivalent device circuit model representation and extraction.
-Understanding of CAD layout for resonator wafer processing
-Ideally, experience with RF characterization.
- We offer a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Position eligible for participation in company stock plan and annual target bonuses.
- Benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage, 401K plan, and life insurance.
Akoustis® (www.akoustis.com) is a high-tech BAW RF filter solutions company that is pioneering next-generation materials science and MEMS wafer manufacturing to address the market requirements for improved RF filters – targeting higher bandwidth, higher operating frequencies and higher output power compared to incumbent polycrystalline BAW technology deployed today. The Company utilizes its proprietary XBAW manufacturing process to produce bulk acoustic wave RF filters for mobile and other wireless markets, which facilitate signal acquisition and accelerate band performance between the antenna and digital back end. Superior performance is driven by the significant advances of high-purity, single-crystal and associated piezoelectric materials and the resonator-filter process technology which drives electro-mechanical coupling and translates to wide filter bandwidth.
Akoustis plans to service the fast growing multi-billion-dollar RF filter market using its integrated design and manufacturing (IDM) business model. The Company owns and operates a 120,000 sq. ft. ISO-9001:2015 certified commercial wafer-manufacturing facility located in Canandaigua, NY, which includes a class 100 / class 1000 cleanroom facility – tooled for 150-mm diameter wafers – for the design, development, fabrication and packaging of RF filters, MEMS and other semiconductor devices. Akoustis Technologies, Inc. is headquartered in the Piedmont technology corridor near Charlotte, North Carolina.
Akoustis, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.