Title: Senior Device Engineer
Location: Huntersville, NC/Canandaigua, NY
Job Type: Full Time
Highly motivated individual with background in MEMS/piezoelectric resonator devices with ideally, a background in BAW resonator technology for RF filters.
Akoustis creates challenging new technology using III-Nitride semiconductors to develop BAW resonator based filter products for a wide spectrum of applications. Thus, ideally, a strong background in in MEMS/piezoelectric resonator devices, electrical engineering and physical simulation of acoustic resonator devices is desired. An understanding of the BAW fabrication process will be necessary. In a startup environment, flexibility is expected along with the skill to engage in a breadth of technical areas.
- Support BAW resonator research and development.
- Work in resonator engineering team to define process, material, and layout experiments.
- Define and analyze resonator technology metrics.
- Work with manufacturing team to translate the impact of FAB processes to resonator and filter metrics.
- Design characterization tests for resonators
- Evaluate resonator experiments via statistical analysis of measured and modeled data.
- Support resonator and filter mask generation and layout.
- Education: MS degree or PhD in MEMS, physics, EE, or related fields
- Work experience: BAW/MEMS technology development experience in industry desired
- Technical skills, experience, background:
-Strong background in MEMS/piezoelectric resonator devices,
-Ideally, strong background in COMSOL/other simulation tool as used in physical simulation of acoustic devices
-Statistical analysis of experimental data.
-Background in electrical engineering
-Understanding of semiconductor processing
-Understanding of equivalent device circuit model representation and extraction.
-Understanding of CAD layout for resonator wafer processing
-Ideally, experience with RF characterization.
- We offer a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Position eligible for participation in company stock plan and annual target bonuses.
- Benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage, 401K plan, and life insurance.
Akoustis was founded in 2014 by experienced industry leaders and scientists from University of California at Santa Barbara (UCSB) and Cornell University, Akoustis’ mission is to commercialize and manufacture its patented BulkONE® acoustic wave technology to address the critical frequency-selectivity requirements in today’s mobile smartphones – improving the efficiency and signal quality of Mobile Wireless devices and enabling the Internet of Things (IoT).
In June 2017, Akoustis acquired a semiconductor wafer manufacturing operation and microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) business with associated wafer production tools as well as real estate associated with the facility located in Canandaigua, New York.
Akoustis, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.