Title: Senior Product/Portfolio Manager
Location: Charlotte, NC
Job Type: Full Time
This individual will manage the portfolio of products from conception to obsolescence and will function as the central resource with design, manufacturing, quality and test as the product(s) move from conception to completion and distribution.
• Lead, manage and develop the Product Management team.
• Manage the cross-functional activities and teams as projects move from initiation to delivery, including planning and directing schedules and monitoring budget/ spending by following the Akoustis Product Development Process (PDP).
• Provide management direction of all phases of in-house or outsourced manufacturing for all products.
• Ensure that products shipped meet specifications and quality goals.
• Work across corporate functions and organizations to ensure customer commitments are met.
• Formulate and execute long-term production plans to improve processes, reduce costs and increase yields.
• Manage the Product Lifecycle Management software and make recommended improvements to the PDP process when necessary.
• Provide updates to management on programs, including weekly/monthly reports, various metrics, budget/ spending, product cost targets, etc.
• BS in Engineering required
• 5 years of experience in an engineering field, preferably Electrical/ computer, mechanical, or aerospace
• 10 years of project/ product management experience
• Strong leadership and communication skills
• PMP is optional, not required
• Ability to travel between 20 – 40%
We offer a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience, options, medical, dental and vision coverage, 401K plan, and life insurance.
Akoustis® (www.akoustis.com) is a high-tech BAW RF filter solutions company that is pioneering next-generation materials science and MEMS wafer manufacturing to address the market requirements for improved RF filters – targeting higher bandwidth, higher operating frequencies and higher output power compared to incumbent polycrystalline BAW technology deployed today. The Company utilizes its proprietary XBAW manufacturing process to produce bulk acoustic wave RF filters for mobile and other wireless markets, which facilitate signal acquisition and accelerate band performance between the antenna and digital back end. Superior performance is driven by the significant advances of high-purity, single-crystal and associated piezoelectric materials and the resonator-filter process technology which drives electro-mechanical coupling and translates to wide filter bandwidth.
Akoustis plans to service the fast growing multi-billion-dollar RF filter market using its integrated design and manufacturing (IDM) business model. The Company owns and operates a 120,000 sq. ft. ISO-9001:2015 certified commercial wafer-manufacturing facility located in Canandaigua, NY, which includes a class 100 / class 1000 cleanroom facility – tooled for 150-mm diameter wafers – for the design, development, fabrication and packaging of RF filters, MEMS and other semiconductor devices. Akoustis Technologies, Inc. is headquartered in the Piedmont technology corridor near Charlotte, North Carolina.
Akoustis, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.