Title: Wafer Level Packaging Process Integration Engineer
Location: Canandaigua, NY
Job Type: Full Time
The Wafer Level Packaging Process Integration Engineer will be responsible for integrating MEMS fabrication processes to develop wafer level packaging solutions for Akoustis Technologies BAW filters. The individual will provide technical leadership within the MEMS fab and outsource partners.
• Cross functional technical lead between design, MEMS fabrication, test, and packaging.
• Resolve process integration issues related to wafer bonding
• Develop and specify design rules for wafer level packaging meeting module requirements
• Qualify outsource vendors for wafer level processing
• Develop strategic packaging roadmaps
• Identify and downselect wafer level packaging processes, equipment, and materials
• Develop DOE’s to optimize wafer level packaging solutions
• Integrate MEMS fabrication processes with wafer level packaging integration
• Lead selection of bumping, bondline metal deposition, TSV fabrication, and RDL processes
• Establish strong supply chain relationships
• Work with technical members to ensure a match of process capability to product requirement.
• Maintain a working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner.
• Bachelor ‘ s degree in Chemical Engineering, Materials science, Mechanical Engineering, or related.
• Minimum 8 years experience in MEMS, Semiconductor, or packaging processing.
• Experience with wafer level packaging processes preferred.
• Experience with flip chip processes, wafer bonding, 2.5D or 3D packaging preferred.
• Experience with wafer level module reliability requirements.
• Experienced in the use of design of experiments, failure analysis methodologies, and statistical process controls for process optimization and control.
• Proficient in MS Office Suite.
• Experienced in program management, lean manufacturing, and SPC
• Good written and communication skills.
We offer a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience, options, medical, dental and vision coverage, 401K plan, and life insurance.
Akoustis was founded in 2014 by experienced industry leaders and scientist from University of California at Santa Barbara (UCSB) and Cornell University, Akoustis’ mission is to commercialize and manufacture its patented BulkONE® acoustic wave technology to address the critical frequency-selectivity requirements in today’s mobile smartphones – improving the efficiency and signal quality of Mobile Wireless devices and enabling the Internet of Things (IoT).
On March 24, 2017 the company announced it entered into binding, definitive agreements to acquire assets from the Research Foundation for the State University of New York (RF-SUNY) and Fuller Road Management Corporation (FRMC), an affiliate of RF-SUNY. The assets being acquired include STC-MEMS, a semiconductor wafer manufacturing operation and microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) business with associated wafer production tools, as well as real estate associated with the facility located in Canandaigua, New York.
Akoustis, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.