Location: Canandaigua, NY
Job Type: Full Time
This position supports fabrication operations by providing technical engineering expertise in Thin Films processes.
• Develop new processes using sputtering and e-beam evaporation to achieve the required device functionality and material properties
• Work with device and product teams to integrate processes for successful device fabrication and ensure a match of process capability to product requirement
• Act as technical lead in programs that require process development (establish activities for overall process development, define schedule, routinely report results)
• Maintain a working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner, as well as other reasonable duties as assigned
• BS in Chemical Engineering, Microelectronics Engineering, or Material Science from a College or University accredited by the U.S. Dept of Education or other internationally recognized accrediting organization
• 5-10 years industrial experience in the MEMS or semiconductor field
• Hands on experience in MEMS or semiconductor fabrication processes with an emphasis on manufacturing
• Experienced in the use of design of experiments, failure analysis methodologies, and statistical process controls for process optimization and control
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have intermediate skill with WORD, PowerPoint word processing software; Excel, SolidWorks, L-Edit and project management software
We offer a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience, options, medical, dental and vision coverage, 401K plan, and life insurance.
Akoustis® (www.akoustis.com) is a high-tech BAW RF filter solutions company that is pioneering next-generation materials science and MEMS wafer manufacturing to address the market requirements for improved RF filters – targeting higher bandwidth, higher operating frequencies and higher output power compared to incumbent polycrystalline BAW technology deployed today. The Company utilizes its proprietary XBAW manufacturing process to produce bulk acoustic wave RF filters for mobile and other wireless markets, which facilitate signal acquisition and accelerate band performance between the antenna and digital back end. Superior performance is driven by the significant advances of high-purity, single-crystal and associated piezoelectric materials and the resonator-filter process technology which drives electro-mechanical coupling and translates to wide filter bandwidth.
Akoustis plans to service the fast growing multi-billion-dollar RF filter market using its integrated design and manufacturing (IDM) business model. The Company owns and operates a 120,000 sq. ft. ISO-9001:2015 certified commercial wafer-manufacturing facility located in Canandaigua, NY, which includes a class 100 / class 1000 cleanroom facility – tooled for 150-mm diameter wafers – for the design, development, fabrication and packaging of RF filters, MEMS and other semiconductor devices. Akoustis Technologies, Inc. is headquartered in the Piedmont technology corridor near Charlotte, North Carolina.
Akoustis, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.