Position: Wafer Bond Process Engineer
Location: Canandaigua, NY
Position Type: Full-Time
This position supports fabrication operations by providing technical engineering expertise in wafer bonding. New process development, process optimization, the training in safe and efficient operations of wafer bonding and wafer thinning.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and optimize wafer bonding processes to meet product specifications.
- Develop wafer thinning processes to meet product specifications.
- Sustain, evaluate, and improve existing wafer bonding and thinning processes.
- Responsible for tool startup, process qualification and development.
- Act as technical lead in programs as required; establish activities for overall process development, define schedules, and routinely report SPC and process development results.
- Specify design rules and interact with preceding and post bond modules to understand process interactions, failure modes, and yield improvement opportunities.
- Interface with technical team to integrate processes for successful device fabrication and ensure a match of process capability to product requirements.
- Optimize workflow for wafer bonding and wafer thinning process module.
- Maintain a working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Education: BS, MS in Materials, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in wafer bonding.
- Hands on experience in MEMS fabrication.
- Experience with wafer thinning and taping processes.
- Proficiency in design of experiment, failure analysis techniques and statistical process control
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have intermediate skill with WORD, PowerPoint word processing software; Excel, SolidWorks, KLayout and project management software.
Akoustis was founded in 2014 by Jeffrey B. Shealy, Steven P. Denbaars and Richard T. Ogawa. The Company’s mission is to design and manufacture its patented XBAW™ acoustic wave RF filter technology using its high-performance piezoelectric materials combined with unique silicon MEMS wafer manufacturing.
The Company’s RF Filters address critical spectrum selectivity requirements for devices where signals must coexist to enable high speed operation. Such applications include 5G mobile smartphones, WiFi routers, 5G base station small cells and military radars.
The Bulk Acoustic Wave (BAW) filter market is rapidly expanding from $3.7B today to over $5.4B by 2021, driven by growth in 5G and the number of filters required per device. BAW filters have evolved as the key differentiator in the RF Front End, as they are critical to enabling connectivity to the Internet.
The Company operates a vertically-integrated design and manufacturing (IDM) business model, which offers turn-key RF filter engineering, shortest time-to-market and lowest supplier risk to its customers. The Company sells its product through direct sales, manufacturer representatives and through international distribution channels. The Company is headquartered in Huntersville, North Carolina with consolidated manufacturing operations in Canandaigua, New York.
Please complete the form below, attach your resumé, and click SUBMIT to apply for this position.