Title: Wafer Bond Process Engineer
Location: Canandaigua, NY
Job Type: Full Time
This position supports fabrication operations by providing technical engineering expertise in wafer bonding. New process development, process optimization, the training in safe and efficient operations of wafer bonding and wafer thinning.
• Develop and optimize wafer bonding processes to meet product specifications.
• Develop wafer thinning processes to meet product specifications.
• Sustain, evaluate, and improve existing wafer bonding and thinning processes.
• Responsible for tool startup, process qualification and development.
• Act as technical lead in programs as required; establish activities for overall process development, define schedules, and routinely report SPC and process development results.
• Specify design rules and interact with preceding and post bond modules to understand process interactions, failure modes, and yield improvement opportunities.
• Interface with technical team to integrate processes for successful device fabrication and ensure a match of process capability to product requirements.
• Optimize workflow for wafer bonding and wafer thinning process module.
• Maintain a working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner.
• Other reasonable duties as assigned.
• Education: BS, MS in Materials, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field
• Minimum 5 years of experience in wafer bonding.
• Hands on experience in MEMS fabrication.
• Experience with wafer thinning and taping processes.
• Proficiency in design of experiment, failure analysis techniques and statistical process control
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have intermediate skill with WORD, PowerPoint word processing software; Excel, SolidWorks, KLayout and project management software.
We offer a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience, options, medical, dental and vision coverage, 401K plan, and life insurance.
Akoustis® (www.akoustis.com) is a high-tech BAW RF filter solutions company that is pioneering next-generation materials science and MEMS wafer manufacturing to address the market requirements for improved RF filters – targeting higher bandwidth, higher operating frequencies and higher output power compared to incumbent polycrystalline BAW technology deployed today. The Company utilizes its proprietary XBAW manufacturing process to produce bulk acoustic wave RF filters for mobile and other wireless markets, which facilitate signal acquisition and accelerate band performance between the antenna and digital back end. Superior performance is driven by the significant advances of high-purity, single-crystal and associated piezoelectric materials and the resonator-filter process technology which drives electro-mechanical coupling and translates to wide filter bandwidth.
Akoustis plans to service the fast growing multi-billion-dollar RF filter market using its integrated design and manufacturing (IDM) business model. The Company owns and operates a 120,000 sq. ft. ISO-9001:2015 certified commercial wafer-manufacturing facility located in Canandaigua, NY, which includes a class 100 / class 1000 cleanroom facility – tooled for 150-mm diameter wafers – for the design, development, fabrication and packaging of RF filters, MEMS and other semiconductor devices. Akoustis Technologies, Inc. is headquartered in the Piedmont technology corridor near Charlotte, North Carolina.
Akoustis, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.