Position: Wets Process Engineer
Location: Canandaigua, NY
Position Type: Full-Time
The Wets Process Engineer will support fabrication operations by providing technical engineering expertise in wets process development and sustaining engineering.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop wet resist strip and clean processes for MEMS process flows; transfer processes from development to manufacturing.
- Lead installation of SST (Spray Solvent Tool).
- Optimize SST and batch wet processes and workflow through process modules.
- Lead experiment to evaluate wet etch process and alternative chemistries.
- Monitor chemical usage and implement best known practices for maintaining area.
- Support existing processes and implement new processes to reduce cost and improve yield.
- Develop wets cost of ownership models to support capital procurement.
- Train technicians and operators on processes and procedures.
- Work with technical members to ensure a match of process capability to product requirements.
- Apply statistical process control on critical parameters; sustain, evaluate and improve current processes.
- Adhere to all internal safety, HR, environmental and quality guidelines and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Microelectronics Engineering, Materials Science, or related field.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in MEMS or semiconductor processing.
- Experience with solvent spray tool systems and wets processing.
- Experienced in the use of design of experiments, failure analysis methodologies, and statistical process controls for process optimization and control.
Akoustis was founded in 2014 by Jeffrey B. Shealy, Steven P. Denbaars and Richard T. Ogawa. The Company’s mission is to design and manufacture its patented XBAW™ acoustic wave RF filter technology using its high-performance piezoelectric materials combined with unique silicon MEMS wafer manufacturing.
The Company’s RF Filters address critical spectrum selectivity requirements for devices where signals must coexist to enable high speed operation. Such applications include 5G mobile smartphones, WiFi routers, 5G base station small cells and military radars.
The Bulk Acoustic Wave (BAW) filter market is rapidly expanding from $3.7B today to over $5.4B by 2021, driven by growth in 5G and the number of filters required per device. BAW filters have evolved as the key differentiator in the RF Front End, as they are critical to enabling connectivity to the Internet.
The Company operates a vertically-integrated design and manufacturing (IDM) business model, which offers turn-key RF filter engineering, shortest time-to-market and lowest supplier risk to its customers. The Company sells its product through direct sales, manufacturer representatives and through international distribution channels. The Company is headquartered in Huntersville, North Carolina with consolidated manufacturing operations in Canandaigua, New York.
Please complete the form below, attach your resumé, and click SUBMIT to apply for this position.