Title: Wets Process Engineer
Location: Canandaigua, NY
Job Type: Full Time
The Wets Process Engineer will support fabrication operations by providing technical engineering expertise in wets process development and sustaining engineering.
• Develop wet resist strip and clean processes for MEMS process flows; transfer processes from development to manufacturing.
• Lead installation of SST (Spray Solvent Tool).
• Optimize SST and batch wet processes and workflow through process modules.
• Lead experiment to evaluate wet etch process and alternative chemistries.
• Monitor chemical usage and implement best known practices for maintaining area.
• Support existing processes and implement new processes to reduce cost and improve yield.
• Develop wets cost of ownership models to support capital procurement.
• Train technicians and operators on processes and procedures.
• Work with technical members to ensure a match of process capability to product requirements.
• Apply statistical process control on critical parameters; sustain, evaluate and improve current processes.
• Adhere to all internal safety, HR, environmental and quality guidelines and procedures.
• Maintain a working knowledge of safety policies and company regulation to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner, as well as other reasonable duties as assigned.
• Bachelors or Masters degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Microelectronics Engineering, Materials Science, or related field.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in MEMS or semiconductor processing.
• Experience with solvent spray tool systems and wets processing.
• Experienced in the use of design of experiments, failure analysis methodologies, and statistical process controls for process optimization and control.
We offer a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience, options, medical, dental and vision coverage, 401K plan, and life insurance.
Akoustis® (www.akoustis.com) is a high-tech BAW RF filter solutions company that is pioneering next-generation materials science and MEMS wafer manufacturing to address the market requirements for improved RF filters – targeting higher bandwidth, higher operating frequencies and higher output power compared to incumbent polycrystalline BAW technology deployed today. The Company utilizes its proprietary XBAW manufacturing process to produce bulk acoustic wave RF filters for mobile and other wireless markets, which facilitate signal acquisition and accelerate band performance between the antenna and digital back end. Superior performance is driven by the significant advances of high-purity, single-crystal and associated piezoelectric materials and the resonator-filter process technology which drives electro-mechanical coupling and translates to wide filter bandwidth.
Akoustis plans to service the fast growing multi-billion-dollar RF filter market using its integrated design and manufacturing (IDM) business model. The Company owns and operates a 120,000 sq. ft. ISO-9001:2015 certified commercial wafer-manufacturing facility located in Canandaigua, NY, which includes a class 100 / class 1000 cleanroom facility – tooled for 150-mm diameter wafers – for the design, development, fabrication and packaging of RF filters, MEMS and other semiconductor devices. Akoustis Technologies, Inc. is headquartered in the Piedmont technology corridor near Charlotte, North Carolina.
Akoustis, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.